Cartmel Conservation Area Management Plan SPD Consultation
South Lakeland District Council is inviting comments on a proposed Conservation Area Management Plan (CAMP) for the Cartmel Conservation Area.
The purpose of the Management Plan is to help protect the special character of the Cartmel Conservation Area. To help achieve this the draft document:
- sets out guidance for protecting the special character of the Cartmel Conservation Area
- identifies a list of unlisted Buildings or Features of Local Architectural or Historic Significance that are of particular merit in the Conservation Area
- considers whether an Article 4 Direction to control permitted development is justified, and identifies properties that are considered merit this additional protection
- provides a strategy for Buildings at Risk
- identifies opportunities for environmental enhancement and the need for grant-aid
The Management Plan will provide a basis for more informed decision-making to help preserve and enhance the character and appearance of the Conservation Area. Once adopted as a Supplementary Planning Document, the Management Plan will be a material consideration in determining planning applications within or affecting the Conservation Area.
The Consultation is taking place 3 March to 14 April 2022.
Views can be made in several ways:
- View the document on our website at https://www.southlakeland.gov.uk/CartmelCAMP or in person at Kendal Town Hall, the libraries at Grange over Sands, Kendal and Ulverston, and also at Cartmel Priory (during visiting hours) and Cartmel Village Hall (when open for events).
- Respond by:
- Come along to our Drop-In event on Friday 25 March at Cartmel Village Hall between 2pm and 6.30pm where you will be able to view the documents, meet and discuss with officers and provide your feedback.
Comments made will be recorded and published, along with the respondent’s name, on the Council’s website.